The Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder, will be hosting the Regional Summit on Refugee Issues this October 26th in response to the call to action to UN PRME Chapter business schools from the United Nations.
The summit will bring together experts in Colorado to discuss actions that businesses and business schools can take to better integrate refugees into their communities and local economies.
- More than 21 million people have crossed international borders in search of refuge
- Over 65 million people have been displaced (5.8 million more than in 2014)
- This is the greatest movement of people since World War II
- For more on the national refugee crisis click here
- In FFY 2015, 2,250 refugees and refugee eligible populations were resettled in Colorado, with the majority coming from Burma, Vietnam, Somalia and Iraq
- Refugees face many obstacles and barriers when trying to integrate into the community
- For more on Colorado’s refugee resettlement program, click here